Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I'll get to writing again soon but...

There has just been a flurry of activity lately that I will get to. But, since I've still got to finish the New York trip stuff (I'm about 2/3 through with what I am going to write about it) I gotta thank some people before this gets WAY too long.

Aunty Christy, my Uncle Chief Okorie, and my cousins Chinwe, Tochi and Madyke- It was absolutely the highlight of my trip coming and meeting you and having that wonderful dinner in your home. Thank you so much- the food was wonderful, the friends that came to greet us were delightful, and it couldn't have been more perfect. I am just sad that we were on such a short schedule while were in New York.

Uncle Chris- it was great to see you and I am so happy you at least got to meet Laura and the kids. next time we're in New York, we'll have to set aside a whole day to go through the museum.

My sisters Frances and Mei-Lee- thanks for coming out to New York and supporting our mother and your big brother. It was great hanging out with you in NYC! (I'm glad you got to see the Black Eyed Peas in Rockerfeller Center.)

Jennifer at Mark Seliger's studio- thanks for the tour and for letting us see some of those new pics of the Rolling Stones Mark took. Very cool!

All the cast and crew of Good Morning America- it was really comfortable being on your show and everyone treated us so well. Thanks for the photos and the tapes of the segment. (I got the tapes yesterday.)

And last but definitely not least- Jason, you wrote this great story that really caught what it was like for me to be where I was, when I was. It has been a catalyst for many of the great things that are going to continue to happen in my life and my family's. Thanks for that and for being a fabulous host while we were in New York. I'm sure it was hard to get any work done while we were around, and I can't thank you enough for being our guide.

No comments: